AirPrint Support Delivers Seamless, Convenient Mobile Printing From iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
In early October, 2015 Brother Mobile Solutions released the PocketJet® 7 full-page mobile thermal printer featuring major advancements in printing performance, wireless connectivity, battery life, and OS compatibility. This new generation mobile printer was engineered to enable on-the-go professionals to print full size documents from a portable, lightweight mobile thermal printer from virtually any device.
Perhaps the most significant enhancements can be found in the PocketJet® 773 model, now compatible with Apple® AirPrint™ wireless technology. With AirPrint built right into the printer’s firmware, users can connect and print right out of the box, directly from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – without the need to download special printer drivers or develop software interfaces.
PocketJet has long been the full-page printer of choice for field service organizations using custom software solutions and printing from rugged or semi-rugged computer devices. Advancements over the years have expanded the use to a more diverse variety of field enterprise applications, such as home healthcare, health and code inspectors and long-haul trucking. Given the growing number of remote and mobile workers, the PocketJet 7 presents new market opportunities in more mobile industries than ever.
A Breakthrough Mobile Printing Solution
Ravi Panjwani, VP of Marketing and Product Management for Brother Mobile Solutions, explains why the new PocketJet 7 will change the way mobile professionals and mobile enterprises do business. “The PocketJet 7 is an affordable solution which eliminates the last existing obstacles of mobile platform compatibility and connectivity,” he said. “Thanks to its smart design and innovative Freedom Architecture™, mobile workers who need to print full-page documents on the go will benefit from its compact size, reliability and unprecedented simplicity of use.”
The PocketJet 7 offers new levels of freedom for mobile professionals in industries including:
- Home Healthcare/Visiting Nurse Services
- Public Safety Agencies
- Long-Haul Transportation Fleets
- Food Safety and Life/Health Safety Inspectors
- Disaster Preparedness & Response Teams
- Route Accounting, Direct Store Delivery Drivers
- Insurance Claims Adjusters
- Real Estate Agents
- Pest Control Services and other Field Sales Representatives
- Independent mobile professional
With PocketJet 7, mobile workers can simply Connect, Select and Print!
A Host of Useful Features
While PocketJet® 7 is ready to print, its Freedom Architecture™ allows for open development of software, hardware, and accessories – giving software developers, app developers and engineers the freedom to design custom solutions to suit a client’s specific mobile printing needs.
- Out-of-the-Box Freedom
- Various models are designed and certified for immediate use with traditional drivers and many newer printing platforms eliminating any need for software integration or development to print.
- Software Development Freedom
- Operating system agnostic, and ready for development or application integration with the most popular operating systems using Brother software development kits, (SDKs) which provide a streamlined method for integrating printing into your application.
- Physical Adaption Freedom
- Prints in any position – right side up, upside down, or sideways.
Reliable thermal technology generates clear, high-resolution printing of text, symbols, illustrations and photos – with no messy inks, toners or solvents to handle and store.
Fast printing performance speeds up to 8 pages per minute.
Li-Ion for long battery life. A fully charged battery can generate up to 600 letter-sized documents between charges.
Specially designed carry and mount case available separately. A smartly engineered rugged roll case provides IP54 rated construction for 4-ft drop protection, with built-in anticurl mechanism to produce absolutely flat documents from the roll of thermal paper stored within. The compact case and printer can be vehicle mounted, or can be stowed and carried by the mobile worker.
Available in Bundled Kits
Brother offers a series of kits in which the printer, accessories and media are bundled to fit the most common mobile use applications.
- Basic Kit is the essential starter package for mobile printing end-users.
- Developer Kit is assembled especially for software developers, integrators and value-added resellers requiring more than basic essentials for their application design.
- Vehicle Kit includes components required for mounting the printer inside vehicles. Includes the rugged roll case as well as power on/off options and cables.
- Workforce Kit assembles key components for mobile fleets and users who need to charge and use the printer for day-to-day business.
For more information about the series of Brother PocketJet 7 full-page mobile printers, please visit www.pocketjet7.com.