WESTMINSTER, Colo.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. (BMS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brother International Corporation and premier provider of mobile printing solutions, announces the launch of the Brother RuggedJet™ 2 Series, two-inch mobile label and receipt printers. The company’s first 2-inch format printers are the most compact, lightweight, and notably versatile printers in their class, incorporating the rugged durability and rock-solid reliability which have made the existing RuggedJet™ lineup popular.
Designed to wirelessly print both labels and receipts, the RuggedJet 2 was engineered to meet the varied and rigorous demands of today’s mobile environments. Available in four models, the printers support Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® technology, in addition to iOS®, Android™, Windows® mobile and Windows® operating systems capability. Of special significance is the IP54 certification and 8.2 ft. drop protection, and advancements in speed and power further differentiate the new series.
The RJ-2050 and RJ-2150 models are the first in the 2-inch category to feature both Apple MFi™ certification and Apple AirPrint® compatibility – allowing easy wireless printing from iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®.
Smaller size, rugged construction and broad flexibility, make the series well suited for mobile applications in industries such as retail, public safety, parking, pharmacy, lab, hospital, field services, manufacturing, warehouse, route accounting, and more. Brother Mobile supports these markets with the acclaimed Brother Premium thermal media and a wide array of custom labels, tags, tickets and receipt paper. An experienced Brother custom solutions team is available to deliver the right solution for nearly any field application.
David Crist, President of Brother Mobile Solutions, notes: “A 2016 industry survey* of 500 retailers revealed that about a third are planning to invest in mobile printers for in-store, warehouse and supply chain operations this year. Among the top must-have features cited in our follow up survey were speed, size, reliability and connectivity. RuggedJet 2 mobile printers raise the bar by fulfilling these and many other mobile marketplace needs.”
He continues: “Clearly, any business that is equipping a mobile workforce wants the printers they purchase to be compact, durable, easy to use, and truly mobile. They also want power options, connectivity options, and smooth interoperability across diverse operating systems ‒ all at a competitive price. We believe the new RJ-2 Series more than exceeds those expectations.”
The series comes with a two-year Premier warranty and the all new Brother Assure Service program provides options to extend or upgrade services to ensure end-users get the very most out of the investment.
Brother RuggedJet 2 Series: Mobility Redefined
Key features and functions include:
- Versatile Functionality – Prints labels, tags & receipts from 1” to 2” wide. One mobile printer can be used for a variety of mobile receipt and label printing applications.
- Fast Mobile Printing – up to 6 ips. Faster transactions mean less wasted time and higher productivity, and can lead to increased customer satisfaction.
- Tough Construction – IP54 certification and 8.2 ft. drop protection means that water, dust, or drops won’t affect operation under normal conditions.
- Lightweight, Ergonomic Design ‒ Weighing 1 to 1.2 pounds with the battery, RuggedJet™ 2 printers can be easily worn or carried for extended periods of time.
- Remote Automatic Update – Automatic settings update with very little operator interaction simplify and help reduce the resources and support needed to perform a simple settings update.
- Multiple Simultaneous Connectivity Options – USB, Bluetooth® technology and Wi‐Fi wireless connectivity combinations with enterprise‐level WLAN security can handle applications inside the four walls or outside, allowing simultaneous use or sharing of the device.
- Consumer Mobile Device Readiness – Brother provides the tools and connectivity necessary to connect and print from the latest Android™, iOS® and Windows® mobile devices, demonstrating our preparedness for commercial applications to adopt consumer grade devices.
- Wide selection of accessories – Batteries, Shoulder Strap, Belt Clip, Expandable Battery Chargers, DC Vehicle Adapter, AC Adapter, USB Cable, and Cigarette Lighter Adapter.
- Two Year, Premier Warranty ‒ Brother industry leading two-year warranty provides peace of mind and protection of the technology investment.
The Brother RuggedJet™ 2 can be ordered immediately with a ship date of mid-November, 2016. For more information, please visit www.BrotherRuggedJet2.com.
About Brother Mobile Solutions
Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother International Corporation, provides innovative mobile printing and industrial labeling solutions to field workforces and mobile enterprises. Brother International Corporation and its subsidiaries employ over 1,100 people in the Americas. For more information about Brother Mobile Solutions and its products, call (800) 543-6144, or visit www.brothermobilesolutions.com.
*Innovative Retail Technologies “2016 Mobile IT Spending Survey”
Brother Mobile Solutions
Mary Howard, 303.464.6707